Friday, November 16, 2012

Is it worth it?


I don't always feel like a very good mother, in fact, often I feel like a total failure.

I was talking to my mom the other night and she was laughing about my 14 year old using his dirty clothes to dry off with when he gets out of the shower.

Really???

Either he's too lazy to come up and get clean towels, or I haven't taught him that he should be using a clean towel.

I mean, my house isn't exactly all that organized, and I'm not organized (nor is his dad).

I got to thinking about his future wife; if she is really going to appreciate the fact that my son is a slob? What is she going to see when she comes into my house?

Does it really matter?

I think so.

When I look at my cluttered, unorganized house, I know that it gets in the way of my relationship with my husband, children and more importantly with God. It's amazing what a clean house can do for a person. I find I spend more time with God, with my husband and with my boys, when my house is clean.

So why is it so hard?

I have lots of excuses: I'm tired b/c I work full-time, I am too busy keeping up with my very busy 14 year old, I am too busy taking care of my child with cerebral palsy, I am too busy with school work, etc, etc, etc.

But wouldn't I have more time if I took the time? Wouldn't things actually be easier and less stressful?

“Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10 

It's a well known verse. Maybe one that I should pay more attention to:

And also making sure my son has clean towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment