You would think that coming back from a conference about a topic that touches my heart so much would mean that everything the next few days would be so happy.
They weren't.
I have to confess, I was angry. I was angry at things that had been said and
I was angry at me.
I get like that. Where I'm angry at something and then I get myself all worked up and I become more angry at myself. I mean, I'm not supposed to be angry, and it gets in the way.
It gets in the way of me getting anything productive done.
it gets in the way of my relationship with my husband and kids.
and it gets in the way of my relationship with God.
So in my despair- I cried, did you know it is ok to cry.
At least I hope it is, I mean, I cry all the time.
Then I asked for something to distract me. I don't like being angry and bitter- because let's face it-
it makes me pretty obnoxious.
God gave me a song!
And it's the most amazing thing, every time I would start to get angry, I would hear the same chorus over and over again.
God sent me an angel.
I’ll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I’ll be the strength you can’t provide on your own
‘Cause when you’re down and out of time
And you think you’ve lost the fight
Let me be the angel
The angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I’ll be the strength you can’t provide on your own
‘Cause when you’re down and out of time
And you think you’ve lost the fight
Let me be the angel
The angel by your side
"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field." Matthew 13:44
No comments:
Post a Comment